Table Offers Additional Guidance Edu 7130 Ashford
Ideals of the Scholar-Practitioner
[WLOs: 1, 4] [CLOs: 2, 5]
Schultz (2010) informs us that, “Scholar-practitioners utilize core values of community, democracy, social justice, caring, and equity, to critically guide their daily practice and restructure schooling practice to reflect them” (p. 62). This week you will compare the ideals of the scholar-practitioner to a member of your institution’s leadership team or someone you know who works in a leadership position. Prior to completing this assignment read Chapter 1 in Bess & Dee (2012) and Schultz (2010).
Instructions: To complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
- Identify a current or former educational leader you’ve had interaction with. If you don’t have professional experience in an education setting, identify a leader you’ve worked under at your current or former place of employment. Do not use the real name of the leader you are evaluating in your paper.
- Determine which of the core values the chosen education leader embraces and explain how this leader has used the referenced core values to improve the institutional/work environment.
- Assess this individual’s ability to use theory to inform leadership practices by examining a specific incident at your institution and discussing the results of leadership decision-making.
- Cite two to three specific examples where you witnessed the identified leader utilize theory to inform practice.
In addition, your assignment must:
- Be 1050 to 1750 words in length, not include title and reference pages
- Use at least three scholarly and/or credible sources to support any claims, assertions, or conclusions.
- Provide references for all quoted, paraphrased, and summarized information from scholarly and/or credible sources both in-text and in an APA references list.
- Display attention to comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, including spelling and grammar.