Last updated on September 30th, 2023 at 07:23 am
This Anth140 Non-Human Living Primate Research Report is the Second Assignment and asks you to gather appropriate information from at least three (3) reputable sources and write a cohesive short report on your choice of a specific living non-human primate species. Your detailed and original report will demonstrate your understanding of the physical adaptations and the social behaviors of your chosen species, and the environmental factors that supported evolution of this type of primate.
[Refer to Lecture 6 and Lecture 7 Power Point and reading for ideas!]
- Your first paragraph must identify your chosen non-human primate by its scientific name (genus and species), its common name and the location of primary wild population(s) in the world. Identify the taxonomic structure for your chosen species with reference to the Primate Phylogeny in the Lecture 6 resources. Your first paragraph must end with a clear and specific thesis statement that encapsulates your plan to provide information about this species.
- IMPORTANT: This assignment is about a specific species of living, non-human primate.
- DO NOT write about a general group term like lemur, monkey or ape.
- Make sure that the species you chose to write about is a non-human PRIMATE.
- Present and analyze the current scientific research regarding this topic. Include discussion of physical features, dental formula, preferred food(s), sexual dimorphism, unusual physical characteristics that distinguish this particular species from other species in that genus, what differentiates this particular species from similar species in that taxonomic group (for example: prosimians vs. anthropoids, Old World Monkeys vs, New World Monkeys, African Apes vs. Asian Apes).
- Present and analyze the current scientific research regarding behavioral aspects of your chosen species. Include discussion of whether this species is diurnal or nocturnal, primary social structure, group size at different times of the day or night, philopatric practice (female philopatric or male philopatric) and what this means in terms of dispersal patterns and dominance hierarchies.
- Your paper must end with a clear and concise conclusion that includes a reflection on the endangered status of your chosen species in its natural habitat.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.