Last updated on September 29th, 2023 at 06:15 am
This BCO312 Analysis of Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Statement of Cash Flows and Ratios is an individual task.
Review and compare the financial statements and annual reports of The Home Depot and of Lowe’s companies Inc. of fiscal year 2012, in comparison to fiscal 2011, according to the below structure and questions:
- Analyze the balance sheet of both companies. Write a summary that includes important points about each company that an analyst would use in assessing the financial condition of The Home Depot and of Lowe’s as one of its competitors.
- Analyze the income statement of The Home Depot and of Lowe’s. Write a summary that includes important points that an analyst would use in assessing the profitability of The Home Depot and of Lowe’s as one of its competitors.
- Analyze the consolidated statements of cash flows for The Home Depot and for Lowe’s for fiscal years 2012, 2011 and 2010. Write a summary that includes important points that an analyst would use in assessing the companies’ relative abilities to generate cash flows and the appropriateness of the use of cash flows
- Using data, common size statements, ratio and trend calculations for The Home Depot and Lowe’s, write a comprehensive comparative analysis of the companies over the major areas: Short term liquidity, operating efficiency, capital structure and long term solvency, and profitability.
- Perform the Dupont analysis and compare variation of The Home Depot and Lowe’s ROE, Return on Equity, as the combined effect of profitability, liquidity, and financial leverage.
- Students should provide an industrial comparative analysis of two publicly traded company (The Home Depot & Lowe’s companies Inc.) in the same industry, using financial statements, annual reports and other available industrial and financial information.
- Key contextual elements should include the three compulsory financial statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement. Also, other important data from the Annual Report together with industrial benchmarking using ratio analysis, that demonstrate a clear understanding of the learning objectives discussed up to week 8 of this course.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Develop a deep understanding on how to benchmark companies in similar industries and form opinions as to the relative strength of one company versus another supporting these opinions with financial data.
- Outcome 2: Critically evaluate financial ratios.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate a deep understanding of the tools of analysis in financial statement analysis.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.