Last updated on September 27th, 2023 at 05:34 am
For this clinical assignment lab clinical assignment;
1. Describe routine labs and relevance of abnormal findings.
2. Identify the MOA, indications and nursing considerations of selected medications.
3. Create a nursing care plan for a patient in acute pain.
1. Create a table for the following 11 labs: Na, K, CL, HCO3, BUN, Cr; Hgb, Hct, WBCs, RBCs, platelets.
- List normal ranges (11 pts/1 pt for ea lab)
- Identify conditions and list signs and symptoms associated with abnormally high values for each lab (11 pts/1 pt for ea lab)
- Identify conditions and list signs and symptoms associated with abnormally low values for each lab (11 pts/1 pt for ea lab)
- Create a table for the following 3 labs: PT, PTT, and INR.
- List normal ranges (3 pts/1 pt for each lab)
- Identify drugs that affect the results of each adversely. (3 pts; 1 pt for each lab)
- Identify the drug and therapeutic ranges when a patient is on anticoagulant therapy (3 pts; 1 pt for each lab)
- List nursing interventions for a patient on anticoagulation therapy.
- Create a table for the following 11 medications: propranolol, captopril, diltiazem, furosemide, digoxin, amiodarone, heparin, enoxaparin, warfarin, famotidine, pantoprazole.
- Identify the classification and MOA of each (6.5 pts/0.5 pt for each med)
- Identify the indication for each (6.5 pts/0.5 pt for each med)
- Identify the side effects of each (6.5 pts/0.5 pt for each med)
- Identify the nursing considerations of medication (6.5 pts/0.5 pt for each med)
- Create a plan of care for a patient experiencing acute pain. Include the following points:
- Subjective assessment of pain (4 pts)
- Objective assessment of pain (4 pts)
- Nursing and collaborative interventions for acute pain (4 pts)
- Evaluation of pain interventions, including standards of timing (2 pts)
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.