Compare Away from Her and The bear came over the mountain for this HUM1050 Assignment #2. Students will write an evaluative essay comparing two media. You’ll use the short story “The bear came over the mountain” (Munro, 2013) and the film Away from Her (Egoyan et al., 2006). You will begin working on this assignment with reading, viewing, drafting. For this essay, the short story is the source material. You are going to evaluate how well the film stands up to the short story. First, you must establish the criteria. What makes the short story successful? You want to think about this very carefully as you read and make notes. Notice elements of plot, structure, character, and point of view. You’ll write about these in the first section of your paper.
This essay should:
- have specific criteria, using the short story as source material
- use that criterion to make judgments about the film
- support the judgment with evidence from the text and film
- Egoyan, A. Hirst, V., Iron, D. Mankoff, D. Urdl, S. Weiss, J. (Producers), & Polley, S. (Director). (2006). Away from her. [Motion picture]. Canada: Foundry Film.
- Munro, A. (2013, Oct 21). The bear came over the mountain. The New Yorker. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/10/21/the-bear-came-over-the-mountain-2
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.