Last updated on October 8th, 2023 at 08:46 am
- Compare the current U.S. health care system with a different health care system used in an OECD country.
- Describe similarities and differences in structures, approaches, and concepts of the systems, taking into account political, economic, and consumer-driven forces.
- Based on your research of the system in another (OECD) country, recommend and provide justification for changes you personally and professionally feel should be implemented in the current reform efforts for the U.S.
health care system.
- Describe how the changes you propose might impact a manager in your sector of the health care system and the change management skills that would be required to manage these changes.
- Include APA-formatted citations and reference for all your sources.Refer to the scoring guide to ensure that your work meets the grading criteria for this assessment.
Use the Internet to conduct research to find current analyses of the U.S. health care system and health care systems in other countries, as well as information on global health. Use the following resources, as well as others, to conduct your research:
- The Wall Street Journal.
- The Commonwealth Fund. (2017). Washington health policy week in review. Retrieved from http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/newsletters/washington-health-policy-in-review
- Health Affairs.org. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.healthaffairs.org/
- American Hospital Association. (n.d.). Health Facilities Management magazine. Retrieved from https://www.hfmmagazine.com/
- Use your Health Facilities Management magazine subscription.
- Conduct research on a health care system in an OECD country that differs from the United States. As you conduct your research:
- Look for similarities and differences between the structures, approaches, or concepts used in the other system, and the structures, approaches, or concepts used in our own.
- Pay attention to the political, economic, and consumer forces driving and impacting both systems.
- Consider whether any of the structures, approaches, or concepts used in the other system might improve the U.S. system.
Explore the following U.S. Government resources related to global health as part of your research:
- World Health Organization. (n.d.). Global Health Observatory (GHO) data. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/gho/en/
- USAID. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.usaid.gov/
- Central for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Jobs and opportunities around the world. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/employment/default.htm
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). Medical tourism. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/features/medicaltourism/index.html
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. (n.d.). Against the odds – Making a difference in global health. Retrieved from https://apps.nlm.nih.gov/againsttheodds/
Need help with this Compare the current U.S. health care system with a different health care system used in an OECD country. or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.