Last updated on September 29th, 2023 at 02:26 pm
In this Conducting Functional Assessment of Behavior assignment, you will identify a behavior that requires defining and study by conducting research on the behavior’s antecedents and consequences.
- Create a three-page paper (not including the title and references pages) in Word document for your response.
- Use APA format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
- Develop an introduction and conclusion for the paper.
- Follow the directions to submit your final Word document.
Part 1: Functional Behavior Assessment Interviews
In Part 1, you will complete two functional behavior assessment interviews to research behaviors, their antecedents and consequences.
1) Select two individuals who work with a student(s) in your class or a program you are observing.
2) Schedule interviews with the two individuals.
3) Use the following questions from the Functional Behavior Assessment Interview Guide to conduct the interviews:
- Describe any behaviors the student(s) exhibit throughout the day of concern to you.
- Of those behaviors, which is the one that concerns you the most and why?
- How often does the behavior occur? How long does it last?
- How would you measure the behavior?
- What is happening during the day when the behavior is most likely to occur?
- When is the behavior absent? What is happening during the day when the behavior is not occurring?
- With whom is the behavior most/least likely to occur?
- What triggers the behavior?
- How can you tell the behavior has been triggered?
- What usually happens after the behavior? Does the student(s) receive attention from adults or peers when the behavior occurs or just after the behavior?
- What is the likely function (intent) of the behavior? What does the student(s) get as a result of the behavior, or what is avoided by the behavior?
- What are some acceptable behaviors that could occur instead of this troubling behavior?
4) Summarize the findings from each interview, and analyze the results.
Part 2: Identification of a Target Behavior and Intervention
- From the analysis, identify and define a target behavior in which to intervene.
- From best practice literature, determine an intervention appropriate to the behavior.
- Analyze the advantages of the intervention for this behavior, including a decision about whether it will lead to greater access to learning experiences for the student(s).
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.