Conducting Functional Assessment of Behavior
In this assignment, you will identify a behavior that requires defining and study by conducting research on the behavior’s antecedents and consequences.
• Create a three-page paper (not including the title and references pages) in Word document for your response.
• Use APA format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
• Develop an introduction and conclusion for the paper.
• Follow the directions to submit your final Word document.
Part 1: Functional Behavior Assessment Interviews
In Part 1, you will complete two functional behavior assessment interviews to research behaviors, their antecedents and consequences.
• Select two individuals who work with a student(s) in your class or a program you are observing.
• Schedule interviews with the two individuals.
• Use the following questions from the Functional Behavior Assessment Interview Guide to conduct the interviews:
• Summarize the findings from each interview, and analyze the results.
Part 2: Identification of a Target Behavior and Intervention
• From the analysis, identify and define a target behavior in which to intervene.
• From best practice literature, determine an intervention appropriate to the behavior.
• Analyze the advantages of the intervention for this behavior, including a decision about whether it will lead to greater access to learning experiences for the student(s). As appropriate to the product required in the assignments, uses these guidelines:
• Follow APA 6th edition.
• Use 11-point Arial or 12-point Times New Roman font.