- Briefly describe the culture in which Equiano lived before his capture; then summarize his capture and separation from his sister.
- Describe Equiano’s reactions as he first encounters the slave ship and the white men who are enslaving them (p. 379). What are the emotions that he feels? What fears does he have? How does he describe the countenances of those who were enslaved as he was?
- These few pages are, in some textbooks, subtitled “The Horrors of the Slave Ship.” List five “horrors” from pp. 380-382 that strike you as particularly dreadful.
- Describe the procedure for selling the slaves describe on p. 383. (Do not forget this part of the question.) According to Equiano, what is the greatest horror of the selling of slaves? At the end of the chapter, he writes, “Surely, this is a new refinement in cruelty.” To what is he referring?
- Describe Equiano’s friendship with Richard Baker, found at the end of chapter III on p. 385. Comment on at least one other thing that stands out to you from chapter III.
- The excerpt from chapter VII describes how Equiano gained his freedom. How did this come about? Who helped him? Respond to Equiano’s expression of the joy he felt at being free. Which images best express his feeling to you? Were you moved by this passage?
- Explain one of the allusions from this passage – either his reference to Peter in prison or the reference to Elijah.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.