English Comp 2 Research Proposal
This is not the research project. It is merely a research proposal. It only requires one source; however, please remember to cite information in the text (in text citations) and complete the Works Cited Page. This is five paragraphs. Follow the outline.
- Identify the issue or problem that your research will address and attempt to resolve.
- What is the significance of the issue?
- Provide insight to the relevance of the issue.
- Construct a thesis that states the main point(s) of the proposal:
- Thesis Construction idea for this research review in one sentence = name it (issue) + verb it (powerful) + finish it (impact of issue, research approach, intended audience – see underlines below)
Summary of the what you already know about the issue.
- Explain and describe what you already know about the issue.
- How does the issue impact society?
- What factor(s) contribute to the issue’s ongoing presence?
Summary of your research approach.
- Explain what more you need to learn about the issue.
- What do you plan to research regarding the issue? Literature Review should be a part of this plan as well as current trends, data, etc.
- Will you have to clarify terms and concepts?
- What research is needed for the opposing viewpoint?
- What kinds of sources will you use for your research?
Summary of your intended audience.
- Describe the intended audience for your research.
- Who needs to know about this issue?
- Is the audience general, specialized, or both?
- Discuss what people or group of people might benefit from reading your paper.
- How will your audience benefit from your research?
- Why it is worthy of a solution?
- What is at stake if the problem is not solved?
Works Cited (Follow the format of a Works Cited Page)