Last updated on September 30th, 2023 at 06:45 am
In this NURS4343 patient centered protocol/policy, you are required to examine a patient centered protocol/policy at the facility where you practice that incorporates evidence-based practice and possibly a theoretical framework (theory of nursing).
The purpose of Module C-Part II is to allow students an opportunity to assess an existing hospital or clinical policy/protocol by using an existing nursing theory. This short assignment is completed using the Module C Part II template with an emphasis of incorporating nursing theory into protocols/policies existing within facilities.
Evaluate a patient-centered clinical protocol or policy using evidence-based practice and a nursing theory.
Describe relevant theories that support inter-professional collaborative practice.
- American Psychological Association (APA). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association
- Masters, K. (2015). Nursing Theories: A framework for professional practice (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Module C Textbook and other Readings:
- Chapters based upon selected theorist/theory
- Hospital or other facility policy/protocol
- Additional literature, i.e. journal articles, etc
NOTE: IF you currently do not work in a health care facility, you can access generic hospital policies/protocols online. You may use one of these published policies/protocols for this assignment. You will need to cite it in your reference list.
Questions for Consideration:
Answer these within the template in the designated columns of the assignment.
- Does this sample policy incorporate a theoretical framework (nursing theory)?
- If so, which one? Is it appropriated applied? Could it be improved? 100 words minimum.These two questions are clearly answered: Why is this a good choice of theory? How does the theory apply to this policy?
- If not, what ONE nursing theory could be incorporated and why? 100 words minimum. These two questions are clearly answered: Why is this a good choice of theory? How does the theory apply to this policy?
- How would you re-write this policy/protocol using ONE nursing theory (either the same one only with stronger influence (if one is present), or a different one, if one is present) or the one suggested in part C if not present currently? Focus on incorporating 3 specific theory concepts/terms/phrases into the policy. Make changes directly into the policy as noted in the template. Any nursing theory concept/term/phrase added needs to be cited, briefly defined and clearly highlighted. To do this thoroughly, we are looking for 70 words minimum with rationale as to why you are adding this specific section. You will do this twice, in two different sections of the chosen policy, and as noted in the template.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.