Excel Sheet File Engg 0004 Middle East College W
a. Apply basic principles of management to the use of materials, plant and labour on construction projects.
b. Identify the issues involved in securing productivity gains in construction.
The following project case is exercise that can be solved individually. In the project, students will have hands-on experience in developing an integrated framework for the resource management, project costs, project control and productivity.
In the following project (Figure 1), a simple warehouse is to be constructed. The building consists of a receiving area, shipping, order picking, order assembly area, storage, miscellaneous area and office. After 10 weeks of starting the construction, the project planner has reviewed the work progress of the activities in the project. The objectives are to follow the project plan, monitor actual site execution and keep track of resources, compare actual versus planned progress and take corrective actions at any stage. The resource bank involves crane, excavator, material, and labor resources are given in the attached “ENGG 0004.1_Assessment 2-Data_Fall 2020” Excel sheet. List of project activities, durations, logical relationships, and list of required resources are given in Table 1 and the actual data obtained from the site is given in Table 2. On the other hand, tables 3 and 4 for the Excavator and labor’s productivity data.
Note: here in this area should be a figure 1 for Warehouse plan, but I’ve uploaded as picture named “Figure 1: Warehouse Plan”.
1. By using the data provided in Table 1, Find the project duration after constructing the network diagram.
2. According to the project data, only 8 Labours are available for the work and each activity must be completed without break. Manually allocate resources and find the minimum project duration (for labour resource only and neglect others). Also, identify in details the main problems associated with resources.
3. Determine the total budget (Planned budget) of the project. Show all calculation steps.
4. Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, CV, and SV for the project manually, comment on the progress of the project.
5. Evaluate cost and schedule performance ratios for materials and crane only. Comment on progress of the contract.
6. Calculate the total cost per hour for the excavator which is powered by a 200-hp engine based on the data provided in Table 3.
7. Find the duration of an interior and exterior painting activities with quantities of X1 2 and X2 2respectively, using crews of Y1 2/hours and Y2 2/hours for the interior and exterior painting activities respectively. Then find the total hours for the whole painting work. (Use Table 4)
8. As a project Manager, what if the project schedule exceeds the required completion date?
Here should be a table, I’ve uploaded in word file named “Resources”.
Sections of the Report
The Report should contain the following sections:
1. Introduction (maximum 150 words)
2. Your Deliverables & Discussion (maximum 1000 words)
3. Conclusions (maximum 150 words)
State briefly what are the major achievements of your work?
4. References (minimum 6 references)
Use CU-Harvard referencing system as per our college rule.
*** Words count = 1700 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.
*** Two attachments has been uploaded named “Figure 1: Warehouse Plan” and “Resources”.
*** I’ve uploaded the proposal.
*** Excel sheet file uploaded named “ENGG 0004.1_Assessment 2-Data_Fall 2020”, use the name:
Abdullah Saleh Issa Al Farsi (20S20109)