Your NRS431 Week 8 Family Disaster Plan Tornado Scenario paper should address the following:
Introduction – Family Disaster Plan Scenario
- You must include research on the dangers and explain the recommended safety measures in a tornado emergency.
How would you prepare for the following situation?
(Scenario) At this moment, you are sitting at home working on your WCU class. Suddenly, the National Weather Bureau sends an alert across your cell phone—a tornado is headed your way. You have 15 minutes before touchdown in your neighborhood.
- What is your plan? This is a ‘shelter in place’ scenario, you cannot outrun the tornado. Identify a safe place in your home (residence) to take shelter.
- Provide realistic examples and explain how you would apply the safety and survival measures you learned in your research of a tornado emergency to your specific living arrangements.
Example: “I will turn off my utilities before I shelter in place to mitigate damage to my residence.”
Example: “I will take by “go-bags” with me to my shelter in place.
How prepared are you in the event of a disaster?
- Describe your level of disaster preparedness using specific examples and references to:
- Potential disasters in your area.
- Your 72 hour “go-bag” assignment.
- Family Disaster Plan Checklist.
Example: “I am more prepared for a water-related disaster than a fire-related disaster even though I live in a highly secluded, forested area. I have a boat as transportation in the event of flooding, but I do not have rain barrels or fire barrier supplies on hand.”
Example: “There were many missing items on my preparedness checklist. I realized that I do not own a flashlight. If I had to use my phone as a light it would drain the battery very quickly.
- Reflect on how prepared you were before this class and compare it with how prepared you are now. Have you acquired any new emergency items? Do you plan to take any additional training or certification courses? Have you shared your knowledge with friends and family?
- How does what you have learned in this course impact you as a future nurse?
- Cite and reference at least two (2) scholarly resources using 7th ed APA format. Need help with APA Style? Visit the Student Resourcespage.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.