From The American Scholar we have the following quote:
In the degenerate state, when the victim of society, he [the scholar] tends to become a mere thinker, or, still worse, the parrot of other men’s thinking.”
Emerson encourages instead urges the scholar to be “Man Thinking.”
- In your own words, what does it mean to be “Man Thinking”?
- Emerson then begins to discuss influences upon the scholar. What are the two influences (marked I and II in the text) upon the scholar? What would Emerson say is the right relation (or response) to these influences? Think this concept through and be specific.
- What does Emerson say about books and learning from books?
- The third topic Emerson discusses in this essay is action. What does Emerson say about action in the first two paragraphs of section III?
Need help with this “when the victim of society, he [the scholar] tends to become a mere thinker” or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.