Group Paper on Nurse Interview: Interview with Specialty Nurse
This is a group project and each group must choose a different nurse to interview.
Choose a specialty for nursing that provides care to a vulnerable population. Make arrangements to interview a nurse working in that field. This may be an in-person interview or telephone interview whichever your group and the nurse decide on.
Write a 2 page paper detailing the results of the interview and what you learned from the nurse about the population she/he provides care to. You may choose any of the specialties we have learned about in this course but it must be pertinent to caring for vulnerable populations.
Here are a few suggestions and I do have contact information for nurses who have agreed to be interviewed. Let me know if you choose one of the suggested nursing specialties and I will give you the information to contact the nurse.
Here are the questions to ask:
- Why did you choose this specialty?
- How long have you worked in this particular field?
- What special training/certification does it require?
- What prompted you to become a nurse?
- What are you biggest job motivators?
- How do you try to create a great patient experience with all you come in contact with?
- Would you recommend this specialty to someone else?
Follow the posted rubric specific to this assignment.
Organization & Structure: 55 Points
- Paragraphs are coherent and transition smoothly. (20 Pts)
- Structure of interview includes an introduction, research, reflection and conclusion (35 Pts)
- Nurse Interview Assessment: 15 Points
- Interview paper is no more than 2 pages long (5 Pts)
- Specialty is researched regarding the issue of health care delivery, outcomes and vulnerable populations. (10 Pts)
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling: 20 Points
- Article review has no more than 3 errors in grammar, punctuation and or spelling (10 Pts)
- Clear statements, well organized, smooth transitions and sequencing (10 Pts)
- APA Formatting & References: 20 Points
- APA format, citing, title page, references if used other than article, page numbers (5 Pts)
- Selections not older than 5 years (5 Pts)
- Must be a research/journal article (10 Pts)