Last updated on October 5th, 2023 at 06:36 am
Increased risk for suicide in 56-year-old recently divorced Joe
Joe, a recently divorced, 56-year-old Caucasian man presents to you, his primary-care provider, with complaints of insomnia and fatigue. He denies any recent injury or specific pain and was last seen in your office 11 months ago. Joe has taken an antihypertensive medication to control his blood pressure for 3 years and does not report any adverse side effects. Joe has worked in law enforcement for 14 years. He recently discharged his firearm for the first time. Even though no one was injured, Joe has been attending mandated appointments with the department psychologist. Joe reports that he does not have a regular exercise regimen. To relax he typically goes fishing or has a few beers after his shift. Other than the mandated appointments with the department psychologist, Joe has not sought any mental health treatment.
- What factors in the scenario demonstrate an increased risk for suicide?
- What should you include in a suicide risk assessment?
- During the appointment, Joe states that it’s hard for him to talk about how he is feeling and begins to cry. Taking the opportunity to ask Joe about his intentions, what specific questions could you ask?
- You understand that the best predictor of suicide risk is a history of a previous suicide attempt. When asked, Joe admits to placing one of his firearms in his mouth a few times, indicating that the likelihood of Joe attempting suicide is very high. How should you proceed?
- Could Joe benefit from a no-suicide contract?
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.