Interventions and Educational Programs
An increasing number of geriatric patients live in assisted living facilities. Please read this article from The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/19/opinion/sunday/emanuel-sex-and-the-single-senior.html?_r=0 and then consider interventions or educational programs that you might suggest for residents of an assisted living facility. Discuss your thoughts with your fellow students.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
- Initial Post: Fri, Jun 26 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
- Response Post: Sun, Jun 28 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references