Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 04:02 pm
J. S. is 23 years old. He was brought to the emergency department after an auto accident. He suffered a concussion and a deep laceration of his right thigh. He lost about 4 units of blood prior to effective control of bleeding and closure of the wound. Fluid resuscitation is initiated, and a urinary catheter is inserted post operation to monitor his urine output. However, he continues to have significant oozing from his sutured wound.
His 24-hour urine volume is 350 ml with a high urine osmolality and low urine sodium. A coagulation screen results indicate the following: platelet count 250,000, bleeding time and a PTT time are both extended.
- What type of renal failure is J. S. developing? Why is this type of renal failure developing?
- If J. S. does not receive adequate treatment, what further condition may he develop? Why? What is the best treatment option to prevent this from occurring?
- What other laboratory data beside urine output should be collected to evaluate J. S.’s renal function?
- If J. S.’s renal function continues to be diminished without any improvement, what could be the subsequent stages of his renal disorder?
Cite specific areas from your readings and research to support your ideas.
Banasik, J. L., & Copstead, L. E. (2019). Pathophysiology. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.