Least One Key Finding Uni Suicidality And Depress
Attached is two articles. Choose ONLY ONE OF THEM and answer the following questions thoroughly.
APA FORMAT ONLY.
Title and Introduction: What is the overall topic of the research? What is the primary purpose of the research? What is the scope of the research topic/issue/problem? Why is the research significant
Literature Review and the Current Study: In your opinion, was the literature easy to understand and did it adequately explain the purpose of the research? Was the literature related to the research topic and the purpose of the research? Is there a theory or theoretical framework for the research? Does the literature review seem to support the research hypothesis(es) or research questions?
- Design – Was the research design clearly articulated? What design was used? – qualitative or quantitative research, cross-sectional or longitudinal research. If qualitative or quantitative research, which specific research design was applied? Is this design a good choice given the purpose of the research? If the purpose is to look at causation with experimental design, discuss how robust the design is in terms of internal validity. Discuss each potential threat and its impact based on the design. If the purpose is exploratory or descriptive, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the design with regard to that purpose.
- Sampling – What was the sampling method used? Is it a probability or non-probability method? Was it clear how the researchers recruited and screened the research participants? Was there a sampling frame? How was it obtained?
3. Measurement – What are the independent and dependent variables if the research is quantitative? What are the possible values of the variables? Describe how each variable was operationalized. What information did the article provide about the reliability and validity of the data collection technique? If the research is qualitative, what interview questions were used? What data collection steps were followed?
4. Statistics – What statistical tests were used? Why do you think the researchers chose that statistical method?
Results and Discussion Section:
- Findings: There is no need to describe all of the results of the study but describe at least one key finding. Were the results and conclusions clearly stated the research findings? Was the summary of the study helpful?
- Ethical Issues – Were there any ethical issues discussed? Were there any that you observed that might be of concern? What biases were stated in the article? What are some unstated biases (if any)? Were diversity issues addressed in terms of sampling? Based on the sampling technique and the stated and unstated biases, what would you say about the generalizability of the study results?
- Implications and Recommendations: Is this something that could be helpful to social work practice and policy? In what ways? What are some “next steps” in terms of furthering knowledge in this area?
Main Message(s) from Discussion – What did you take away from this article? Discuss how this article might be used to help inform practice or policy and in what ways.