Least Three Stakeholder Groups Ashford University
To start, select one of the following approved topics for your Senior
Project. You may also have a topic of your choice approved by the
instructor in Week One. Many of the approved topics have specific
subtopics outlined and, while these topics are not all-inclusive, they
do provide insight into specific areas to consider.
- Examine how participative leadership functions in today’s modern
health care organization and compare it to other types of leadership
styles. Evaluate how each type of leadership style may impact
organizational culture, employee performance, and how it may help or
hinder the legitimacy of authority.
- As an administrator, address the challenges of employee recruitment
and retention of health care professionals. Additional subtopics may
include trends in the nursing workforce, shortage of primary care
physicians, staff turnover, retention, and staffing patterns.
- Analyze the dual role of a manager and healthcare professional.
Examine challenges that the health professional compared to those of a
non-health professional, may face in terms of leadership style, and the
impact these challenges have on organizational culture. The benefits of a
health professional manager as an organizational resource may also be
included. Explore the career trends of health professionals in
organizational leadership positions, such as the types of health
professional training that leaders tend to have in common, and the
typical demographic background of health professional managers.
- The health care industry must anticipate and monitor trends that
could possibly affect its overall survival. Analyze how regulation of
the health care industry impacts a health care organization. Explore
some of the possible survival organizational strategies such as, but not
limited to, mergers, and affiliations, achieving accreditation status,
- Analyze the impact of technology on how health care services are
delivered. The impact of technology on employee performance,
organizational structure, and management planning may also be
- Analyze the impact of any recent social and/or ethical trends on the health care industry. Discuss at least two issues.
After identifying your topic, choose a health care organization in
your area. This organization may be small or large and may provide
single inpatient health service or multiple outpatient services; it is
your choice. Consider your topic in light of the leadership of this
organization and research the challenges and successes it has faced in
managing operational effectiveness. You are welcome to use as many
research methods as possible to obtain information for your organization
and its managers (e.g., web-based resources, electronic articles, or
personal interviews). The more informed you are, the better prepared you
will be to complete your project.
Finally, develop a
management training program that includes relevant guidelines and
information to combat the issues identified in the selected topic, as
well as recommendations for managers to more effectively lead health
care organizations. Your training program should be in the form of a 20
to 25 slide PowerPoint presentation (excluding title and reference
slides) that includes comprehensive speaker’s notes (i.e., at least 150
words) for each slide. Utilize at least three to five scholarly sources
from the Ashford University Library and two to three current, scholarly
web sources (total of five to eight references required). All sources
must be cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing
Center. Your presentation must be engaging and relevant to your
audience. Lines of text on a slide will not be sufficient for this
project. It should contain at least five images, graphics, and/or
multimedia that communicate your training clearly to your audience. For
tips on creating an excellent presentation, read this overview.
Creating the Senior Project
The Senior Project:
- Must be 20 to 25 PowerPoint slides (excluding title and reference
slides) in length. There are 20 content criteria worth a total of 10
- Must include a title slide that contains the following:
- Title of project
- Your name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the project with critical thought in the areas of:
- Organization details
- Challenges and opportunities
- Training program outcomes
- Impact on at least three stakeholder groups involved delineated by cost, quality, and access to service
- Suggested actions
- Must include a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five supporting graphics (images, graphics, and/
or multimedia) are included and relevant communicating the training
content (two points).
- Must include speaker’s notes that have evidence of critical thinking
and application (content analysis, synthesis, evaluation) related to
the research methodology used to develop (six points):
- Project content
- Practical and relevant solutions to the organizational challenges/opportunities
- Appropriate evaluation of individual stakeholder groups involved
- Must use at least three to five scholarly sources from the Ashford
University Library and two to three current, scholarly web sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style