Last updated on October 5th, 2023 at 06:55 am
For this Levy, Bradley, Petrakis, and Cortez families and policy advocacy task, consider the follwoing;
As a social worker, often you need to use your policy advocacy skills to ensure that your clients are receiving the services that they need. Although you may tend to think of policy advocacy skills as separate from your clinical social work skills, they are very similar. Think of the skills that you would use in working with a client such as Jake Levy.
- How could you apply these skills to policy advocacy?
- How will you use these skills to identify the policy and social problems that are impacting these families?
In this week’s Discussion, you will continue to follow the Levy, Bradley, Petrakis, and Cortez families to start the process of policy advocacy.
In this Discussion, select one of the four integrated videos and identify the problems experienced by the client(s).
By Day 3
Post your responses to the following:
- Who is defining the problem?
- What values are reflected in this definition of the problem?
- What is being omitted in this definition?
- What other problems do you see that are not being acknowledged?
Be sure to support your post with specific references to this week’s resources. If you are using additional articles, be sure to provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.
These websites will be required throughout the semester. Become familiar with these websites, especially when doing research for your assignments.
- Community Toolbox. (n.d). Chapter 5 Section 3: Social planning and policy Change. Retrieved from http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/assessment/promotion-strategies/social-planning-policy-change/main
- Community Toolbox. (n.d). Chapter 5 Section 4: Social action. Retrieved from http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table ofcontents/assessment/promotion-strategies/systems-advocacy-and-community-organizing/main
- Jansson, B. S. (2018). Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice. (8th ed.). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning Series.
- Chapter 7, “Analyzing Problems in the First Step of Policy Analysis” (pp. 204-243)
- Midgley, J., & Livermore, M. M. (Eds.). (2008). The handbook of social policy (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 14, “Critical Social Policy” (pp. 215–235) (PDF)
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.