Last updated on September 27th, 2023 at 07:42 am
Regarding logistic regression in nursing practice, logistic regression is used to analyze a wide variety of variables that may surround a singular outcome. For example, logistic regression could be used to identify the likelihood of a patient having a heart attack or stroke based on a variety of factors including age, sex, genetic characteristics, weight, and any preexisting health conditions. The biological systems and issues with which the health care field is concerned represent the kinds of applications for which logistic regression is especially useful.
Logistic regression is used in the health care field for many purposes, including diagnoses, predictions, and forecasting. The three articles in this week’s Learning Resources illustrate the many uses of logistic regression in the health care field. This Discussion allows you to explore the different uses of logistic regression and cultivate a deeper understanding of the application of logistic regression in evidence-based practice. Note: This Discussion takes place in small groups, which should have been assigned by your Instructor.
Review the three articles in this week’s Learning Resources and evaluate their use of logistic regression. Select one article that interests you to examine more closely in this Discussion
Critically analyze the article you selected considering the following questions:
- What are the goals and purposes of the research study the article describes?
- How is logistic regression used in the study? What are the results of its use?
- What other quantitative and statistical methods could be used to address the research issue discussed in the article?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the study?
- How could the weaknesses of the study be remedied?
- How could findings from this study contribute to evidence-based practice, the nursing profession, or society?
By Day 3
- Post a cohesive response in your small group that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the article you examined, providing its correct APA citation.
- Post your critical analysis of the article as outlined above.
- Propose potential remedies to address the weaknesses of each study.
- Analyze the importance of this study to evidence-based practice, the nursing profession, or society.
Statistics and Data Analysis for Nursing Research
- Chapter 9, “Correlation and Simple Regression” (pp. 208–222): This section of Chapter 9 discusses the simple regression equation and outlines major components of regression, including errors of prediction, residuals, OLS regression, and ordinary least-square regression.
- Chapter 10, “Multiple Regression”: Chapter 10 focuses on multiple regression as a statistical procedure and explains multivariate statistics and their relationship to multiple regression concepts, equations, and tests.
- Chapter 12, “Logistic Regression”: This chapter provides an overview of logistic regression, which is a form of statistical analysis frequently used in nursing research.
Hoerster, K. D., Mayer, J. A., Gabbard, S., Kronick, R. G., Roe
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.