NUM2307 Mental Health & Wellness in Clinical Practice 1
Assessment 2: Essay
Trauma-informed care is based on the understanding that many people living with mental health conditions have experienced trauma in their lives. Discuss how the nurse or midwife in their role can support and facilitate the six (6) guiding trauma-informed principles.
6. Respect for Diversity
The essay should be written in the 3rd person.
- Requires a standard introduction (introduces and sets up the essay direction, 1-2 references only to set context) and conclusion (brief summary of key points within
- A minimum of ten (10) references should support your work to show wider reading and link to critical thinking discussion (not description). Recency of evidence-based practice – references should be academic (journals & textbooks) and within five (5) years of publication.
- Use the SNM assignment template APA7 2020 (in assessment 2 folder).
- Follow the 2020 SNM Presentation & Assignment guidelines and SNM A-Z guide (structure & presentation).
- ECU APA 7th edition referencing should be used for accuracy intext and end text (referencing).
- Marks will be awarded as per the SNM marking rubric (for this unit) as identified on page 2 & 3 of this document.