You are required to spend time observing and analyzing an organizational leader in action. You will do this by selecting a particular situation in your professional life where you can be the observer of a “real life” leadership in action experience for a total of 3 to 4 hours of observation. As an example, you might ask to shadow your leader at out-of-hours meetings or, if possible, spend a half day shadowing your school district superintendent or college dean. Observe your “leader” in a formal setting (such as a school board or faculty meeting), and use what you have learned in this class to write a 3- to 5-page, 12-point font, double-spaced paper describing important leadership elements you observe, such as:
- The culture & climate of the organization
- Leadership style exhibited
- How decisions are made
- How the leader facilitates the decision-making process
- How the leader handles conflict
Be sure to include the following information in your work:
- Leader’s job title (anonymity is acceptable)
- Date(s) of observation
- Observation setting/situation
- In the first week of class, you will sign up for a presentation slot that will take place in a future class meeting. Come to that class prepared to present, and come to the other classes prepared to observe and ask questions. There will be no more than 4 presenters per class session.
- Identify a current issue relating to education. Should you need help locating articles/information to support your presentation, please reach out to your professor.
- Create an 8-minute presentation, with an additional 2 minutes allotted for questions (10 minutes total) that is focused on applying your key course concepts and personal research to the identified issue and the impact it has on your professional practice.
- Support your presentation with the following:
- Graphics/visual aids – good pictures, tables, and/or graphs.
- References formatted in current APA style, including a reference slide at the end.
- Before you present, submit a copy of your presentation, alongside a 3- to 4-paragraph summary of your findings for grading purposes.
Need help with observing and analyzing an organizational leader in action?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.