Last updated on September 29th, 2023 at 02:12 pm
Below you will find the requirements for your final persuasive research paper. Please read through the assignment carefully.
- Choose any piece of literature (book, short story, comic, poem, play), a film, or a television show that you’d like to learn more about. However, the work MUST be a piece of FICTION. If you’d like, you can even use some of the short stories we discussed in this class.
- Keep in mind, this is a persuasive paper. Meaning, this shouldn’t be a book or film report, rather this is an analysis with a clear thesis. In order to focus your topic, consider exploring some of the ideas below:
- How does the protagonist function as the classic idea of a quester?
- Explore symbolism in the work. How does the use of symbolism amplify the story’s themes, characters, etc.?
- Compare any two works. How do the themes coincide? How are they different?
- Investigate the work’s historical context.
- Research the author’s purpose and technique behind the work.
- Does the work function as an allegory? How so?
If you can think of a better idea that you’d like to explore, please feel free to do so. However, I would highly recommend running your idea by me before you dive too deep into research.
- Develop a rough thesis and paper outline to guide the rest of your research and ideas.
A Few Tips:
- DO NOT retell the story! Assume I have already read or seen the work. However, DO provide some background or context when establishing major ideas, scenes, symbols, characters, etc.
- Evidence is incredibly important to making your argument work. However, evidence should not overtake your essay. For every bit of quoted info, have a sentence or two of reflection (or “glue”), indicating how this evidence supports your topic sentence. Yes, the more evidence, the better, but you should not simply have an entire paragraph of quoted info.
- The sources you find are meant to support and amplify your own ideas, not to BE your ideas. It is still your responsibility to come up with your own position (thesis) on the topic you’ve chosen, and you still have to provide your own rationale for your points as well as your own specific support and warrants.
- Yes, you can use “I” (first-person) in this essay. However, the use of “you” or “we” is still banned.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.