The aim of this assessment is to help you identify questioning styles that are important when speaking with patients in the health care setting to conduct various health assessments and develop therapeutic relationships. The aim of this assessment is to also help you strengthen your academic writing skills.
Watch the following clips by clicking on the links below [good interview example and poor interview example] and identify the questioning styles used by the health professional.
Clip 1 Poor interview exampleLinks to an external site.
Clip 2 Good interview exampleLinks to an external site.
Follow the steps below to guide your essay formation.
Introduction (approx. 250 words)
The introduction needs to highlight what the assignment is about. You need to ensure you:
- Use correct introduction structure (introduce topic, provide context/significance of topic, purpose of paper and structure outlining what is to follow).
- Use accurate content and terminology.
Body of essay (approx. 750 words)
- Using up to date literature (journal articles and texts) write a paragraph discussing questioning styles, techniques or strategies their importance and recommendations for best practice. You need to support your discussion with peer-reviewed sources.
- Select onesection from either of the health assessment interview clips (either clip 1 or clip 2) that provides an example of one questioning style demonstrated by the nurse, discuss the type of questioning style it was, how it was done well or how it was not done well and how it might have been improved.
Provide up to six lines from the section within the clip you are referring to, either Clip 1 (an example of a poor interview) or Clip 2 (an example of a good interview) to show the marker exactly which section you are referring to. Add the time (e.g. 3.20). See example below:
Interviewer ‘What the nurse said’ Patient ‘What the patient did or said’
Interviewer ‘What the nurse said’ Patient ‘What the patient did or said’ (6.23)
You only need to provide enough for us to see where the section is, as this will be included in your word count.
- Your discussion must be supported with evidence from the literature (quality sources).
Conclusion (approx. 200 words)
Your conclusion must state what the assignment was about and identify the main issues and recommendations. The conclusion should not be introducing any new material or ideas and so should not have any references.
- Students must follow the ECU referencing guide – APA 7th Edition.
- A minimum of 8 journal articles and two books that are no more than 7 years old should be used to support your essay.
- Dictionaries and lecture notes are not acceptable references.
Need help with questioning styles that are important when speaking with patients?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.