Recent Billion Dollar Weather Houston Community C
All assignments are Due by :November 7, 2020; by 11:59:pm Central time. if any adjustment is needed or edits I will contact you after.
Part One: This assignment will consist of 3 discussion boards, all resource will be provided to answer two-there short questions per discussion.
The Requirements are the following:
1. Critical Analysis: Discussion postings display an excellent understanding of the required readings and underlying concepts including correct use of terminology. Postings integrate an outside resource, or relevant research, to support important points.
Well-edited quotes are cited appropriately. No more than 10% of the posting is a direct quotation.
2. Participation as a Member of the Learning Community: Discussion postings actively stimulate and sustain further discussion by building on peers’ responses including building a focused argument around a specific issue or asking a new related question or making an oppositional statement supported by personal experience or related research.
3. Professional Communication and Etiquette: Written interactions on the discussion board show respect and sensitivity to peers’ gender, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs.
Written responses are free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
The style of writing facilitates communication.
Part Two: I will turn in 2 works of other classmates where it will be needed feedback on their work per discussion.
Requirements on the part of giving feedback to other peoples work:
-Your replies should offer new substantiated ideas or thoughtful questions. It is alright to debate or disagree about a topic, but it is extremely important to me that you be respectful and courteous to your fellow classmates within the discussions.
– Discussion postings actively stimulate and sustain further discussion by building on peers’ responses including building a focused argument around a specific issue or asking a new related question or making an oppositional statement supported by personal experience or related research.
-Discussion postings are distributed throughout the module’s time frame. Consistently responds to postings of peers within 24 hours.
– Feedback should consist of one full paragraph (5-6 sentences) with complete sentences.
1.Billion Dollar Disasters:
Navigate to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association’s webpage highlighting Billion Dollar Weather Disasters in the U.S. at http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/reports/billionz.html#narrative (Links to an external site.) Take a good look at the map on that page (it enlarges if you click on it) and study the areas the experienced major disasters and the costs associated with each. Then read through the narrative for more information on the individual weather-related disasters. Identify one weather- related disaster from the 2000s, one from the 1990s, and one from the 1980s that you think had the most significant impacts. Why did you select the three events that you picked? What criteria did you base your selections on? (Note: If for any reason you have trouble accessing the above link, you can use this site (Links to an external site.)alternatively, which also gives a brief summary of recent billion dollar weather disasters).
2. Weather and You:
Discuss a weather-related event that you personally experienced in your lifetime. Where did it occur? How did you prepare or react to it? What are some of your memories of it? Was it a scary, exciting, or nerve-inducing experience for you? Did living through that weather experience change the way you view weather at all? (Remember, the “sky is the limit” with this one. The weather – related event you discuss can include an individual storm such as a hurricane or tornado, a “close-call” with a lightning strike, an extreme wind event, an extreme snow or flooding event, an extreme heat or seasonal drought event, etc.)
– On this one you can Research the earthquake that hit Haiti in 2010: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/massiv… this link can give you an idea. ( I lived in the Dominican Republic so this happened right next to our island.)