Solid Waste Management
This unit has discussed the mechanical processes for solid waste (e.g., conveyance, shredding). For this assignment, compose an essay that addresses the prompts below.
- Describe best practices for the mechanical processing of solid waste.
- Explain best practices for shredding.
- Elaborate on the environmental benefits of mechanical processing.
- Using a search engine of your choice, conduct a search using the following terms: high-horsepower hammermill solid waste shredder. Find a manufacturer of a shredder. Select one shredder from the manufacturer’s inventory, and provide the model number and operating specifications, such as the horsepower (i.e., kW), the capacity (i.e., units of tons per hour), and the size of materials that it can process. Discuss why you selected the shredder, and describe the shredder’s pros and cons.
In your paper, limit the number of direct quotations that are taken from outside sources. The majority of your paper should be composed of your own thoughts and paraphrased information. Make certain that your essay meets the criteria listed below.
- Include a title page.
- Provide an introduction.
- Your paper must be at least three full pages in length, not counting the title page and references page.
- Your references page should include at least three sources, one of which should be the course textbook, one of which should be a peer-reviewed source from the CSU Online Library, and one of which should be the hammermill shredder webpage.
Please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.