Last updated on September 24th, 2023 at 04:53 am
For this assignment on the Ever-Evolving DSM, follow these steps to complete it;
In a blank document, complete the following reflection and answer the questions. Your reflection should be about 250 words in total.
Choose one of the following obsolete mental health disorders. Research the chosen disorder and write a few sentences on what it was, why it was classified as a mental disorder and why it is now obsolete:
- If the DSM (or the field of psychology in general) can evolve to no longer include “mental disorders” that it previously classified as such, are mental illnesses social constructs? Does that mean we should get rid of mental illness labels entirely? (i.e. are there benefits to having these labels that can really help people?)
- Justify your answer using your textbook or another source. Don’t forget to cite your sources using APA style.
- Do psychologists have an ethical obligation to continually weigh the adverse effects of the “mental disorder” label? What does it say when they reverse a previous decision?
- Use the Submit Assignment button to upload your work. Your assignment will be graded using the rubric below.
If you’d like to listen to the episode of Radiolab that discusses this topic, it can be found here: Unerased—Dr. Davison and the Gay Cure (Links to an external site.).
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.