This assignment is designed to extend the learner’s use of concept mapping as a tool for clinical care planning. The nursing process continues to provide the foundation for organizing information and thought, whereas the mapping becomes the process for intentional critical thinking and clinical reasoning.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 1: Demonstrate the nursing process while providing basic care to individuals and families reflecting different stages of the life span in the extended care, acute care, and community-based settings. (PO 1)
- CO3: Demonstrate communication skills necessary for interaction with other health team members and for providing basic nursing care to individuals and families. (PO #3)
- CO4: Incorporate critical thinking skills into clinical nursing practice. (PO #4)
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1. Choose an individual for whom you have cared in the clinical setting or virtual setting.
2. Create a concept map based on the complete physical assessment you performed while providing care using the provided PowerPoint template.
- Components of the concept map
- Client’s information (10 points/10%)
- Medical diagnosis/Reason for hospitalization
- Brief review of underlying pathophysiology
- Assessment Data (15 points; 15%)
- Nursing Diagnoses (15 points/ 15%)
- Select three actual nursing diagnoses for this client (not allowed to use ‘RISK FOR’ diagnosis)
- NANDA of Actual problem/need that is high priority
- NANDA of Actual problem/need, not necessarily a high priority
- NANDA that focuses on psychosocial problem/need
- Linkages Within and Between Diagnoses (5 points/5%)
- Short summary rationale for why these diagnoses were chosen and how they connect to the client.
- Planning (15 points/15%)
- Ensure NANDA diagnosis are appropriate priority
- Develop one (1) short term S.M.A.R.T. goal for each diagnosis
- Develop one (1) long term S.M.A.R.T. goal for each diagnosis
- Provides rational for each short- and long-term goal
- Implementation (15 points/15%)
- Provide three (3) client specific interventions to help obtain the short-term goal for each diagnosis
- Provide three (3) client specific interventions to help obtain the long-term goal for each diagnosis
- Evaluation of Goal/Outcomes (5 points/15%)
- Determine if goal/outcomes were met or not.
- Provide evidence that supports that determination.
- Describe what changes, if any, are needed to the plan to promote expected outcomes in the future.
- Safety-Communication-Infection Control 16 points/16%)
- What specific elements of communication were used when providing care for this client,
- What safety concerns related to the client you cared for
- What infection control practices were followed while caring for this patient.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.