Use Saudi Electronic University Mgt 510 Saudi Ele
In this module, we learned that everything is in a state of constant change. This is a challenge of strategic management, as the industry environment is driven by technology, consumer needs, politics, economic conditions, and many other influences. Consider these influences as you analyze the following cases.
Eastman Kodak’s (Kodak) Quest for a Digital Future (R. M. Grant, Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Text and Cases, 10th ed., Wiley, 2019)
To support the case analysis read Chapter 8 and the assigned reading. In addition, view the following video:
Company Man. (2018, June 13). The decline of Kodak…What happened? [Video file]. Retrieved from
Remember that a case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific case questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
- Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course area which apply to the situation described in the case study.
- Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the course area issues. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current course area. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
- Describe in some detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
- Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
- Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
Case Study Questions:
- What were the challenges of technological change for Kodak given “disruptive” digital technologies?
- What were Kodak’s competencies? Was the idea to ‘brand’ the company an imaging company versus a chemical company a mistake?
- Evaluate Kodak’s approaches to managing strategic change including organizational ambidexterity, scenarios, crisis management, capability development, dynamic capabilities, and knowledge management.
- Was Kodak’s failure inevitable? What could Kodak have done differently?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 7 to 8 pages in length, which does not include the required title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the