Last updated on September 27th, 2023 at 05:13 am
Important to note in this nursing values clarification assignment is that professional values provide a framework for ethical clinical decision-making. When making a decision, there is often a choice between a good decision and one that may not be in the best interest of everyone involved. Values influence the choices you make. As a nurse you will be in contact with patients and families that have different value systems than you. It is important to think about how nurses interact with these patients and other people that possess different values then them. It is also important for a nurse to prioritize values, in order to clarify purpose and be a guide towards self-improvement. This assignment will align with the Essential VIII (the attached file “Essentials of Baccalaureate Education”).
Description of the assignment:
This values clarification exercise assignment gives the student the opportunity to identify the top ten personal values, prioritize those values, and examine the role of those values in ethical decision-making. The requirements of the paper are below.
- Please read the attached file “Chapter 4 – Ethical Foundations of Professional Nursing” from the textbook to understand:
- Why Values are Important
- Values vs. Beliefs
- Values-Based Decision-Making
- Read pages 5 -9 and 26-29 in the attached file “Essentials of Baccalaureate Education”.
- Review the result in the attached file “Student Name – PVA Jun 2020”
- Please write a paper is not to exceed 3 pages in length, excluding the title page and references. If the paper exceeds the page limit it will not be graded.
- The paper is to be written in 7th Ed APA format. All APA requirements for this assignment is listed below. The only exception is that you can use “I” in this paper.
- A title page in 7th Ed APA
- References in 7th Ed APA
- Correct grammar and spelling
- Follow the above directions and review the rubric closely
- Make sure the DOI you post takes the reader to the article.
- Below is a description of what is to be included in your paper:
- Title page
- Introduction – the introduction should be written general to specific and the end of your paragraph should describe what the reader can expect from your paper, the purpose of the paper, which is called a thesis statement.
- Body of the paper – the body of the paper should include the following
- Describe your (student) top 3 values in the attached file “Personal Value Assessment Jun 2020” that are important to you (student) and how you (student) prioritized those
- Why do you (student) believe your (student) values are important to you (student)
- How do values affect your nursing practice, how do values affect your behavior in clinical?
- How does nursing challenge your (student) values?
- Compare (what are the similarities and differences between your (student) values in the attached file “Personal Value Assessment Jun 2020” and the attached file “Essentials of Baccalaureate Education”, your (student) personal values and beliefs with the five professional values described in the Baccalaureate Essentials (pages 26-29).
- Conclusion – here you will summarize the main points that you have made in the body of the paper.
- Reference page – all references used in your paper must be on this list.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.