War of the Worlds made a lasting impact on listeners and proved how powerful communication can be.
Part 1: Listen to at least 10 minutes of Orsen Welles’ ORIGINAL War of the Worlds broadcast from 1938. addressing the impact this form of media (radio) had on society at that time and answer the following questions.
- Why was this broadcast believable?
- What was the radio’s role in society and mass communication during the 1930s?
Feel free to listen to random sections. Pay attention to the way the announcer makes the events seem realistic and comment on what broadcast devices he uses (sound effects, voice inflection, etc). Make some notes about the intensity of the broadcast.
Orson Welles – War Of The Worlds – Radio Broadcast 1938 – Complete Broadcast. (Links to an external site.)
Watch this you tube video: https://youtu.be/Xs0K4ApWl4g?si=BCaM9RKo1DOMRduf
Part 2: Research another media hoax. It can be a historical media hoax such as the Great Moon Hoax of 1835 or a more recent hoax. Answer the following questions.
Watch this you tube video: https://youtu.be/9e1wd0YIPLM?si=k7CTLJUXoLXxTq8a
- Explain the hoax you researched. Was the hoax published in a newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, social media, the internet, etc.?
- Why was this hoax believable?
- How does this hoax compare to the War of the Worlds?
- How can you as a media consumer not fall prey to media hoaxes?
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.