Week 1 Quiz
HIS 392, Summer 2020
- Explain the Market Revolution and why it led to regional differentiation in the American economy.
- What were the main routes of the internal slave trade in the antebellum United States?
- What are two abolitionist arguments against slavery?
- Why was the Three-Fifths Clause such an important political document?
- Why did the Kansas-Nebraska Act lead to such sectional tension and violence?
- What are the main military developments of 1861?
- How do you explain Abraham Lincoln’s election to the presidency in 1860?
- What are the main arguments seceding states make about why they are leaving the Union?
- Why was John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry such a galvanizing event leading to the Civil War?
- Explain the difference between free soil and popular sovereignty with regards to western territories.