Last updated on September 27th, 2023 at 02:45 pm
This assignment requires that you develop two parts: an audience profile, and a technical proposal based on that profile. In Chapter 2 you will find sample profiles and in Chapter 8 there are sample proposals, on which you might base your design.
1) Audience Profile should consist of a brief summary and 3 specific items:
- Writer-Centered Analysis Chart
- Reader Analysis Chart
- Context Analysis Chart
2) Proposal should use visuals (at least one) to help support arguments
3) Proposal should follow the five sections outlined in Chapter 8, and include a problem statement, a proposed solution (outlined in the project plan recommended to reach that solution), qualifications, and a cost/benefit analysis
4) Proposal should be written in order to achieve a “Call to Action” (decision/next step) from its audience
Audience: Audiences are defined by your profile and will be relevant to your topic and the research that you find.
- Improving Campus Initiatives (see Ch 8, p 235-6 for ideas)
- Addressing an issue in your community (requires advance instructor approval)
- Increasing efficiency or effectiveness of a program or initiative in your field of study: i.e. students in education have written various proposals about teacher compensation, testing, or education support to the State Board of Ed. (idea requires advance instructor approval)
- An alternate idea of interest to you in your major/workplace, which might include a proposal to your company to sponsor a charitable event or a community group in need, or a similar idea (needs advance approval)
5) You’ll need some background information about your topic in order to write the proposal, but you can also make up some of the content if you want. The point of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding of the genre of proposal, and how it should be organized as a document. You can fabricate any budget information or that type of content – it’s the way the document is written that matters for this assignment.
Consider the following:
- Imagine the rhetorical situation for your topic – the audience profile is a place to start but think of the other elements
- Consider the genre you are assigned – what is the purpose of a proposal, and therefore how will you develop this document for that purpose
- What are the key points that need to be communicated – what will your primary audience need or expect to get from this proposal?
- What style will you use to engage your reader? What is appropriate?
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements: Please provide us with the specifics of your paper so that we may do our best to personalize it. Select the discipline, word count, format, academic level, and other details on the order form.
- Connect with the Best Writer: Consult and collaborate with an expert and complete your paper on schedule.
- Monitor the progress: Control the work process by checking the completed parts of your document right away. You can easily submit your comments by chatting with your essay writer on our website.
- Download Your Paper: Get your paper written according to your specifications. It is important to note that you only pay for an essay when you are completely satisfied with the outcome. Please provide us your feedback about our collaboration.
Eprowriters.com, and its afilliate blog Eprowriters.net, is a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.