BCO111 Foundations of Business Management Mid-Term Task
- This is an individual task, requiring you to address all questions in a clear manner (numbered), giving supporting, relevant examples wherever possible.
- The task focuses on areas studied to date, requiring you to show knowledge and application in the parts stated.
- You should upload a single, correctly formatted document which may also include any relevant tables and diagrams
- Describe the skills and abilities required for performing a manager’s job. Explain the main managerial functions in the management process and what roles managers need to effectively perform them
- An organization’s external environment is composed of 2 distinct layers. Identify the dimensions of those environments and how they can impact an organization.
- Discuss the relationship between different management levels and management decision-making. How does this impact planning?
- Identify and explain the basic elements of organizing
- Wordcount: 1000-1400 (250-350 per question)
- Note that Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: Week 4 – Via Moodle (Turnitin) by Sunday June 20th 23.59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of management and their applicability
- Identify and classify management functions and activities
- Understand the interdependence between the organization, its environment and the choice of organizational structures
- The interdependence between the Organisation, its environment and the choice of organisational structure.