Formal Analytical Report: Progress Report
Students will conduct the research and begin preparing pieces of the Formal Analytical Report.
The following steps should occur during phase two and will be submitted in the Phase 2 Progress Report:
- In your research, begin with general works for an overview, and then consult more specific sources.
- Skim the sources, looking for high points.
- Take notes selectively (p 628), summarize (p 168), and record each source.
- Plan and administer questionnaires, interviews, and inquiries IF NEEDED.
- Briefly review chapters 17 (Technical Definitions), 18 (Technical Descriptions, Specifications, and Marketing Materials), and 19 (Instructions and Procedures). Use these where appropriate to create relevant sections in your Formal Analytical Report.
- Try to conclude your research with direct observation.
- Evaluate each finding for accuracy, reliability, fairness, and completeness.
- Decide what your findings mean.
- Use the checklist on page 166 to reassess your methods, interpretation, and reasoning.
- Prepare and submit a short Progress Report so that your instructor knows what progress you’re making. This is also a chance to ask for advice.