NA403 Health and Social Care in a contemporary world (Adult): CW1 – PowerPoint presentation with voiceover
The purpose of this assessment is to create a 10-minute PowerPoint slide set with an accompanying voiceover focusing on one of the priority public health topics below:
The presentation should include:
- A title slide page with the following elements (NB This is anonymous marking and therefore your name and ID student number are not required):
- Your student cohort
- Module code and name
- Duration of presentation in minutes and seconds
- The submission date
- Your seminar leader and module leader’s names
- An introductory slide presenting the chosen topic and the presentation contents
- A rationale for choosing the topic
- Statistical and epidemiological health data related to your chosen topic.
- A discussion on how health and social determinants are related to your chosen topic and how they may lead to inequalities in health outcomes within the adult population.
- An understanding of how your public health topic may affect an adult throughout the lifespan.
- The use of theory to demonstrate the principles of health promotion, protection and the prevention of ill health as related to your chosen topic.
- An explanation of the role of the adult nurse in relation to public health initiatives and interventions which support the health of populations and individuals within the context of your chosen topic.
- A conclusion to your presentation to summarise your key points.
- In-text referencing throughout, including any pictures, graphs, tables etc. used from other sources structured correctly according to Harvard style as defined inCite them Right
- A reference list of ALL sources displayed, used or named in your presentation.
- You must choose one of the priority public health topics listed above and prepare a 10-minute PowerPoint presentation with a voiceover following the assignment task above that meets the learning outcomes for this summative piece of work.
- The duration of the PowerPoint presentation is 10 minutes +/- 10%. The timing of your presentation should be checked before submission as a loss of up to 5 marks will be incurred if your presentation is less than 9 minutes long or more than 11 minutes long.
- The voiceover for each slide should reflect the verbal detail you would add to a presentation if this was to take place in front of a live audience.
- Your submitted work must be a PowerPoint file with voiceover (pptx file format).
- You can choose your PowerPoint template, design, colours, font size and line spacing.
- Each slide must be numbered.
- Write in an appropriately formal academic style, avoiding informal or spoken forms of language as well as contractions (e.g., don’t, won’t, etc.).
- Ensure all aspects of the slides are clear, neat ….