Walmart International Expansion Recommendation
For this assignment, you are required to upload your work to your ePortfolio in addition to Waypoint. Learn more about Folio, Ashford’s ePortfolio tool, by viewing the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
Submit your file to Waypoint using the button below. Then paste the link to your Folio page as a comment in Waypoint so your instructor can access your ePortfolio.
In prior weeks, you learned about finance and financial analysis. This week you will put it all together. Using the Walmart Case Study and your selected country, you will complete a comprehensive recommendation to Walmart executives either recommending or forgoing expansion into your selected country.
In your paper,
- Summarize the culture and financial climate of the country and why it would be favorable or unfavorable for Walmart to expand in that region.
- Describe your country’s foreign exchange rates and how those rates could impact Walmart’s future financial performance. Be sure to address:
- interest rates,
- balance of payments,
- government policies, and
- other factors such as taxes and tariffs.
- Describe how Walmart needs to manage foreign exchange risk.
- Analyze any potential political risk and its impact to the financials.
- Propose how Walmart should fund this new expansion.
The Walmart International Expansion Recommendation Final Paper
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.